New football season 2017/2018

Re: New football season 2017/2018

Postby Sir Digby Rigmarole » January 1st, 2018, 10:52 am

'Superb' Kilmarnock fans intercept Australian tourist on his way to Edinburgh Castle and take him to Easter Road

It was meant to be a quiet day of sightseeing for a tourist visiting Edinburgh.
That all changed for Harley Mitaros, originally from Perth in Australia, when he came across some Kilmarnock supporters on his trip to the Capital.

The keen traveller got talking with the group before they swiftly invited him to join them on their away day, and being a big football fan himself, Harley couldn't say no.

He told Record Sport Online : "I had just walked around Edinburgh for 2 hours on a day trip from Glasgow.

"I have never been to the city before but was sightseeing. My day felt a little uneventful when I was climbing up towards Edinburgh castle to check it out and hear a faint chant.

"I look down the road to see some fans coming up the hill, couldn’t see any colours. One guy noticed me looking and says hi. I asked what game was on and he told me. After some details he said come jump on the bus and I, being a massive football fan, couldn’t help myself."

Harley, a 24-year-old Perth Glory fan, immediately fell in love with the Ayrshire club and their supporters with him, as they started a chant just for him.

He continued: "The Killie lads were in superb voice. The group with me pointed out the key players (JJ, Boyd, Mulumbu, McDonald) and the position on the table.

"The stadium was really cool too I appreciated how the fans chanted McDonald's name after he was at fault for conceding the equaliser.

"That and the wide age range of away fans from kids to seniors gave me a real good sense of the club and the community it represents.

"I was leaning towards Rangers initially but now would definitely say I’m 100% Killie for life after that experience."

"The atmosphere was great. Hibs put up a good fight too so it was an entertaining game of football."
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
Sir Digby Rigmarole

Postby LisaJ » January 1st, 2018, 12:10 pm

That's fab!
LisaJ

Postby Redpig59 » January 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm

Almost doubled the support base too.
There was a young Scots bloke called Piglet
Who walked round his house in his singlet
When his eyes fell on Poods
His thoughts turned quite lewd
Now the clothing he likes are her fishnets
Redpig59

Postby maximus » January 2nd, 2018, 1:37 pm

We Killie fans are like that...
Don't take my kindness for weakness

Iggy's listening to Chance The Rapper
maximus

Postby Sir Digby Rigmarole » January 2nd, 2018, 3:13 pm

(Perth) Glory hunter
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
Sir Digby Rigmarole

Postby maximus » January 8th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Now, the question for my Liverpool-supporting buddies is how much will you miss Coutinho and who should replace him?

maximus

Postby Redpig59 » January 8th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Nobody is irreplaceable.
There’s always another one waiting to step up.
There was a young Scots bloke called Piglet
Who walked round his house in his singlet
When his eyes fell on Poods
His thoughts turned quite lewd
Now the clothing he likes are her fishnets
Redpig59

Postby maximus » January 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Redpig59 wrote:Nobody is irreplaceable.
There’s always another one waiting to step up.

Well, that's true, but the replacement is unlikely to be as good I would have thought.

That said, as far as I can tell Liverpool have managed quite well this season when he's not been playing. There is talk of them spending the money on Mahrez - a good buy I'd say on recent form, less so on last season's.

maximus

Postby maximus » January 15th, 2018, 11:13 am

Looks like they didn’t miss him.

Honours even in Sheffield.

God knows what’s going on at the Toon. No spending, or evens budget, and no word on the takeover.

Got a draw at the weekend starting with our exact Championship line-up and Shelvey being sulky.

Rafa is doing brilliantly with what he’s got but it just might not be enough if things don’t change.

maximus

Previous

Return to Sport