New football season 2017/2018

Re: New football season 2017/2018

Postby maximus » May 2nd, 2018, 1:02 pm

This seems like sense:

Barring delusion or huge ego, Gerrard must realise he would be pitching up at the OK Corral with a utensil from the Early Learning Centre. Yes, Graeme Souness made a similar move 32 years ago, when backed by the funds – and an English ban – where he could compete with Europe’s top clubs.

In no particular order Rangers have an absentee chairman in constant dispute with the takeover panel; two senior players suspended after a dressing room rammy; accounts which illustrate a business kept afloat by director loans and a recently jettisoned interim manager who had been in position since October.

The man now overseeing first-team affairs at Ibrox, Jimmy Nicholl, last managed Cowdenbeath towards relegation from Scotland’s second tier. Rangers were bundled out of Europe last summer by a team from Luxembourg, after which their manager ranted at supporters while standing in a bush. No wonder this is the stuff of comedy for opposition fans.

Steven Gerrard and Rangers: a needless punt for such a dysfunctional club. The notion that players would be queuing up to play for a Rangers team on Gerrard’s watch is hilariously overplayed

BTW, what's a 'rammy'?
Don't take my kindness for weakness

Iggy's listening to Chance The Rapper
maximus

Postby LisaJ » May 2nd, 2018, 1:06 pm

maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

An incident where harsh words and punches are exchanged.
LisaJ

Postby maximus » May 2nd, 2018, 1:11 pm

LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

A bit like a marriage then?

maximus

Postby Sir Digby Rigmarole » May 2nd, 2018, 1:17 pm

maximus wrote:This seems like sense:

Barring delusion or huge ego, Gerrard must realise he would be pitching up at the OK Corral with a utensil from the Early Learning Centre. Yes, Graeme Souness made a similar move 32 years ago, when backed by the funds – and an English ban – where he could compete with Europe’s top clubs.

In no particular order Rangers have an absentee chairman in constant dispute with the takeover panel; two senior players suspended after a dressing room rammy; accounts which illustrate a business kept afloat by director loans and a recently jettisoned interim manager who had been in position since October.

The man now overseeing first-team affairs at Ibrox, Jimmy Nicholl, last managed Cowdenbeath towards relegation from Scotland’s second tier. Rangers were bundled out of Europe last summer by a team from Luxembourg, after which their manager ranted at supporters while standing in a bush. No wonder this is the stuff of comedy for opposition fans.

Steven Gerrard and Rangers: a needless punt for such a dysfunctional club. The notion that players would be queuing up to play for a Rangers team on Gerrard’s watch is hilariously overplayed

BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

Two directors gone today as well - Paul Murray (who was behind the 2015 takeover by the current owner) & Barry Scott (not the Cillit Bang guy)
Clusterfuck doesn't come anywhere near describing their current position.
That said, the team are fighting for second place in spite of everything else going on
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
Sir Digby Rigmarole

Postby Sir Digby Rigmarole » May 2nd, 2018, 1:28 pm

LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

I thought that was a stramash?
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
Sir Digby Rigmarole

Postby LisaJ » May 2nd, 2018, 1:28 pm

It's better than Eastenders & Corrie. :)
LisaJ

Postby LisaJ » May 2nd, 2018, 1:30 pm

Sir Digby Rigmarole wrote:
LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

Depends where you're from, or if you're a football commentator.
LisaJ

Postby maximus » May 2nd, 2018, 2:04 pm

LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

Oi!

Don't have a rammy over it you two...or should that be a stramash...

maximus

Postby LisaJ » May 2nd, 2018, 6:18 pm

maximus wrote:
LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

Oi!

There might be a stooshie!
LisaJ

Postby maximus » May 2nd, 2018, 6:55 pm

LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
LisaJ wrote:
maximus wrote:
BTW, what's a 'rammy'?

Oi!

There might be a stooshie!

:googly: :chair:

maximus

Postby Undie » May 2nd, 2018, 11:02 pm

So like the Eskimos have a million words for snow, the Scots have a similar number for fight?
Absolutely, 100%, without a doubt go screw yourself - Louis Litt
Undie

Postby LisaJ » May 3rd, 2018, 1:30 pm

Aye!
LisaJ

Postby Caroline » May 12th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Last game of the season tomorrow and it's tinged with sadness as it could be the last for my OH.

In their wisdom NCL UTD have decided the area where he has sat for the last 15 years is to be redesignated for disabled. Okay (well I don't think it is actually but there we go) but after 18 years as a season ticket holder he does not know where he will be sitting until the end of June and the closing day for season ticket renewals. He will then be given a better or worse seat and have to like it or lump it. If it's a higher priced seat he will get it at the same price as he pays now for 1 season then have to pay the going rate.

He's not the only one but after so long the crowd round him have got to know each other and of course there won't be a block of seats for them elsewhere. Also OH had an aisle seat so he could make a quick getaway if he wanted to ahead of the 50,000 others.

Not good customer service in my opinion. At the moment he is thinking about giving it up which he really doesn't want to do.
Caroline

Postby maximus » May 14th, 2018, 8:36 am

That’s poor but not uncommon among modern clubs sadly.

I guess it’s better than being a West Ham fan and being moved to the London Stadium.

maximus

Postby Sir Digby Rigmarole » May 16th, 2018, 11:13 am

Farewell Big Sam - we hardly knew ye

Soon to be seen at a Premiership club in the bottom three in Sept 18

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44136661
Sir Digby Rigmarole

Postby maximus » May 21st, 2018, 10:15 am

It's a poor show when the FA Cup Final is less interesting than a wedding.

More to the point, I wasn't far from winning the office fantasy football comp and had carefully saved a few transfers to get me over the line - using them on Man U players, obviously...

maximus

Postby LisaJ » May 21st, 2018, 1:22 pm

The Scottish Cup final was a bit of a foregone conclusion after Celtic went 2-0 up within half an hour. Well done to the bhoys for winning the treble two years running!
LisaJ

Postby maximus » May 21st, 2018, 1:37 pm

The trouble with fitba is that it was a bit of a foregone conclusion around the 5th August 2017.

maximus

Postby LisaJ » May 21st, 2018, 1:39 pm

I don't know, the English title was won before the Scottish one. Celtic have lost one or two games this season which they didn't do last time.
LisaJ

Postby LisaJ » May 21st, 2018, 1:40 pm

Thistle being relegated, however....
LisaJ

PreviousNext

Return to Sport