Today

Re: Today

Postby LisaJ » October 9th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Raif Rawlinson wrote:Do you take up bulbs? I just cut them back.

I plant them in pots, they don't tend to survive all that well on the ground. I take out the ones from pots from the previous year and plant them again but they never look as good so I always buy some more. I'm going to try some in the ground again this year and I'll see if they come back again next year.

I planted some honey lilies a few weeks ago. I'll have to wait until spring to see where I put them because I can't remember. :rolleyes:
LisaJ

Postby Gaspode » October 9th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Today I had a lovely 400 mile round trip to Haverfordwest.

I apologise to Phloppy and Foxie for not waving as I sped up and down the A40. I had to order some parts so I may be back soon. Get the kettle on Phloppy......
If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.
Gaspode

Location: The Black Country, I said The Black Country....and it's sub tropical

Postby Foxie's Mum » October 9th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Any time Gassy , any time

Foxie's Mum

Postby Gaspode » October 10th, 2017, 12:13 am

Aw there's lovely Foxie ...

If I do get down there I will do my best to make a detour, promise....
If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.
Gaspode

Location: The Black Country, I said The Black Country....and it's sub tropical

Postby Foxie's Mum » October 10th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Let me know and I'll bake you a cake xx

Foxie's Mum

Postby Phillip Phlopp » October 10th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Gaspode wrote:Today I had a lovely 400 mile round trip to Haverfordwest.

I apologise to Phloppy and Foxie for not waving as I sped up and down the A40. I had to order some parts so I may be back soon. Get the kettle on Phloppy......

We call the place Aitch Doubleyew.

Save on two syllables and makes the dump sound exotic.
Phillip Phlopp

Postby Gadget » October 10th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Red Baron wrote:How's the decorating going, Gadget? Are you greyed out?

It's a long time since you wrote that - I've been busy and had no time to come here!

My daughter likens me to an 'Ever-Ready Bunny'. I managed fourteen days from 8.00 - 10.00 - climbing up and down ladders, drilling holes, plastering and painting walls, fitting curtain rails, wallpapering etc. After a two week break, I spent the whole of last weekend there and we emptied the garage, which was practically impassable, and now there's enough room to swing a cat! She was very impressed with the amount of space I found. AND she agreed to throw away stuff she'd had in the garage for years and never touched.

The scariest thing was that she bought a new door for a cupboard which was too big for the opening. We knew this because we put it into the 'hole' and had great difficulty getting it out again!

I had to get my circular saw out and cut 0.5cm off all four sides of the door. I was covered in sawdust and on the long side I had to stop the saw, move along the door and start again - a sure-fire remedy for an uneven edge. Phew! It's the first time I've ever done anything like that.

There is a serious amount of 'grey' in the house but it does look very tasteful.
Gadget

Postby LisaJ » May 7th, 2018, 12:14 pm

LisaJ wrote:I planted some honey lilies a few weeks ago. I'll have to wait until spring to see where I put them because I can't remember. :rolleyes:

Still can't remember.

Today I have cut back the nettles and chopped them up in a bucket to make some plant feed, taken perlagonium cuttings from my one remaining scented leaf one, taken some lavender cuttings before digging them out because they were looking overgrown & woody.

I've also chucked about a hundred snails into the garden waste bin and stood on a few more over the weekend. One little sod has already been at my runner beans which I only planted yesterday. I may buy some slug pellets in B&Q later.
LisaJ

Previous

Return to The Garden