Search found 198 matches
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:51 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Do you know what I think?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 412
Re: Do you know what I think?
There was a programme a few years back with various 'celebs' learning how to conduct. It surprised me how complicated it was, the orchestra is slightly behind the conductor to allow them to see what the conductor's gestures are asking for. Katie Derham won, if I remember rightly. Alas, no. It was S...
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:36 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Wrong on so many levels
- Replies: 4
- Views: 332
Re: Wrong on so many levels
I don't like mint. Me neither. Mint KitKat, Mint Aero, Mint Dairy Milk. Abominations. They're also taking the wee-wee with the packaging of the other "Digestives" and Hobnobs https://www.talkingretail.com/products-news/biscuits-cakes/pladis-launches-multi-million-pound-mcvities-campaign-14-09-2026/
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:53 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Led Zep's Stairway... but with the band in the audience listening
- Replies: 1
- Views: 161
Re: Led Zep's Stairway... but with the band in the audience listening
Ann Wilson has a fair old set of pipes. Heart have, on occasion, taken the sword to a few more classics - Without You, Unchained Melody, and Zep's Rock and Roll. Their debut album, Dreamboat Annie, which was 50 years ago!!!, was brilliant - I remember hearing it on Trevor Dann's rock show on BBC Rad...
- Thu Aug 27, 2026 9:02 am
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Get the sprouts on
- Replies: 1
- Views: 426
Re: Get the sprouts on
Yep. Supermarkets are filling shelves with Christmas stuff, although there's less in them than last year (separate thread), and my local big garden centre has been unpacking the artificial trees and lights.
- Fri Aug 21, 2026 8:54 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Trevor Nelson
- Replies: 2
- Views: 385
Trevor Nelson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjd47klln75o
Terrible news, wish him a speedy recovery.
Radio 2 does not need the loss of yet another of its senior team.
Terrible news, wish him a speedy recovery.
Radio 2 does not need the loss of yet another of its senior team.
- Wed Aug 19, 2026 7:37 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
- Replies: 9
- Views: 759
Re: I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it"
A stormin' duet https://www.facebook.com/reel/1442466786941370 Whenever I watch these clips I'm seriously impressed with the muscle memory required in remembering the thousands of finger movements. I have become deeply sceptical recently. Whenever I see these clips I think, is that real? Googling t...
- Sun Aug 02, 2026 1:40 pm
- Forum: Welcome
- Topic: Happy Birthday, Caroline.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1638
Re: Happy Birthday, Caroline.
Missed the party - belated Happy Birthday, H
- Thu Jun 04, 2026 10:48 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Bob Harris
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9506
- Wed May 20, 2026 9:09 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: What if Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees sang Pink Floyd's Great Gig In The Sky
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5703
Re: What if Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees sang Pink Floyd's Great Gig In The Sky
Yet another occasion when you wish there was a big red button to set everything back to zero.
- Sun May 17, 2026 8:32 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
- Replies: 22
- Views: 29175
Re: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
The Ukranian jury spoiled things by giving us the one point.
I couldn't bear to watch it, but I have heard the winning song, and it's no better.
I couldn't bear to watch it, but I have heard the winning song, and it's no better.
- Thu Mar 19, 2026 4:37 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
- Replies: 22
- Views: 29175
Re: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
All 35 songs, summarised in seventeen and a half minutes. Even that's too much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jnR-m5u5yQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jnR-m5u5yQ
- Thu Feb 19, 2026 10:32 am
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
- Replies: 22
- Views: 29175
Re: Eurovisiom 2026 - Look Mum, No Points
Rylan and Scott Mills have apparently been beside themselves and were the probable cause of the Beeb having to announce who they'd picked.
I suppose we have to reserve judgment until we hear it, but it doesn't bode well. I don't know about chirpy chirpy, but it had better be cheap.
I suppose we have to reserve judgment until we hear it, but it doesn't bode well. I don't know about chirpy chirpy, but it had better be cheap.
- Thu Nov 06, 2025 10:37 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Cheers!
- Replies: 33
- Views: 318993
Re: Cheers!
It's that time of year again, although a rise in duty has meant that the £10 line has been breached.
Bailey's 1 litre bottles in Sainsbugs - £11.00
Bailey's 1 litre bottles in Sainsbugs - £11.00
- Thu Aug 28, 2025 11:04 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Fingerpickin' genius
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7898
Re: Fingerpickin' genius
Since watching that link, my FB feed has been peppered with numerous posts from the same clickbait machine, including a "This is hilarious" sketch from Not The Nine O'Clock News, without acknowledging the source, or considering copyright.
- Wed Aug 27, 2025 3:07 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Fingerpickin' genius
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7898
Re: Fingerpickin' genius
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=3910491255761317 Wow, the muscle memory it must take to remember every finger position and every note Does the "incredible" bit start after 1'47? That's "good", not "incredible". Yes but "this is good / nice" would not have generated 2.7m views for the "reel creator...
- Sat Aug 23, 2025 3:49 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Coldplay, like what you never heard it before
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5176
Re: Coldplay, like what you never heard it before
Only almost.
He's not ageing very well.
He's not ageing very well.
- Tue Aug 12, 2025 3:00 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Crisps
- Replies: 27
- Views: 587966
Re: Crisps
Yesterday I had nothing to bring in for lunch so I went in to Tesco. Guess what they didn't have! I'll tell you. Salt n vinegar Discos, that's what. So I got the next best thing, Salt n vinegar square crisps and do you know what they weren't? I'll tell you. Square. That's what they weren't' They we...
- Sun May 25, 2025 2:05 pm
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Boom Radio's John Peters
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4499
Boom Radio's John Peters
...has died suddenly, age 75 https://www.boomradiouk.com/farewell-john-peters/?_=7177&fbclid=IwY2xjawKf_lZleHRuA2FlbQIxMABicmlkETBTZEZvMkJtbkYxTEQ2Mjl6AR4_w9QjHNc_xqiX3JlkXoDzl_L1wN0TURI3HxrWgfqVwi-j4Zuv9sqjh9e9KQ_aem_8_3Czo6_8SwtFHpD_wO0GQ The makeup of the team means that it's inevitable that some...
- Wed Nov 13, 2024 4:33 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Cheers!
- Replies: 33
- Views: 318993
Re: Cheers!
I see Aldi has responded and cut the price of its lookee-likee to £4.99. I have tasted it - unlike some things from Aldi, it's not half as good.
- Thu Nov 07, 2024 3:42 pm
- Forum: Food and Drink
- Topic: Cheers!
- Replies: 33
- Views: 318993
Re: Cheers!
Baileys 1 litre bottle is £10 in Sainsbury''s (main stores, in England) this weekend.