Page 1 of 1
What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 am
by Julian Mince
Here's one for you. I'm listening to Supertramp's Crime of the Century album on YouTube (and why not) and Dreamer comes on. I was immediately transported back to when I was a wee nipper eating a bowl of Weetabix with the cream of the milk on and lashings of sugar, looking at the packet desperately wanting the box to be empty so that I could cut out and use the Dr Who scene printed on the back.
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am
by Gaspode
In 1975 it was a joy to find Dreamer on a pub jukey. Select the b side (ask an old person kids) and listen to the old gits tut tut tut....
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:25 pm
by Julian Mince
Such foul language!
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:47 pm
by Gaspode
I know, disgusting! And there were often ladies present..
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:48 pm
by Julian Mince
In 1975? I thought they were still banned from pubs then. It's easy to see why it's all gone downhill isn't it.
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 pm
by Gaspode
Just barmaids and devoted obedient wives sitting quietly in the corner sipping a fruit based soft drink. And men only on darts night obviously....
Re: What does that tune remind you of?
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:13 pm
by Julian Mince
Exactly how it should be.