Page 1 of 1

Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:12 am
by Psmith
Undervalued as a singer song writer in my opinion,perhaps it's because he's more folk than rock.

Kathy's Song.

https://youtu.be/l-BBIJc8sXk

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:27 am
by Psmith
Mother and Child Reunion

https://youtu.be/IS59-z3aE2c

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 am
by RockitRon
Ace In The Hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8PZgjDGQw

Sounded distinctly un-folksy before Simon & Garfunkel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EmZuSMRfc

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:47 am
by Redpig59
He was/is brilliant.
If I could only listen to one singer for the rest of my days it would be him.

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 am
by Phillip Phlopp
Graceland is one of my fave albums especially the way he uses ethnic rhythms/sounds.

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 am
by Julian Mince
I thought you were about to announce his demise.

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 pm
by Gaspode
Phillip Phlopp wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:06 am
Graceland is one of my fave albums especially the way he uses ethnic rhythms/sounds.

It's a big drum

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:12 pm
by Phillip Phlopp
Brilliant!

LOLd at the next one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zH2x1-7LA

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:41 pm
by Gaspode
I loved Naked Video if only for introducing the world to one of my heroes...

I saw The Jazz Singer four times...

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:01 pm
by Psmith
Julian Mince wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 am
I thought you were about to announce his demise.
Yes,sorry about that.

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:07 pm
by Psmith
"They're worse than I am, and I'm scum!"

Homeward Bound
Live on Parky.

https://youtu.be/WHI2nWdRdXw

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:21 pm
by Psmith
Three legends.Baez,Thompson and Simon.

The Boxer

https://youtu.be/lr1iKrTqa2w

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm
by Red Baron
Paul Simon is one of the few artists, in fact probably the only one, I would pay a lot of money to see - though I think there is very little chance of that happening.
I did see Art Garfunkel and that was lovely.

The album 'Still Crazy after all these years' is one of my favourites.

Re: Paul Simon

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 pm
by Gaspode
I'm not really a fan but this tune evokes great memories of a holiday aged 11 with my Aunt and Uncle, my cousin and little Sis at Brean Sands.
Paul with his best pal Arty....
Mrs Robinson