Page 1 of 1

ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:58 am
by Psmith

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:14 pm
by Gaspode
Trainspotting....
I was pretty sure it was till I read the comments which confirmed it.

Link between these two?

Happy Doing What We're Doing - Brinsley Schwarz

Mystery Dance - Elvis Costello

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:07 pm
by Psmith
Well done.You get first prize.A vintage BR cheese and tomato sandwich(still in wrapper)

I'll have a think about yours.

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:26 pm
by Psmith
I don't know much about either except that Nick Lowe was in BS and Elvis appeared in an episode of Frasier.

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:02 pm
by Gaspode
Yes Nick Lowe was in BS. What did he do for Elvis that he did for The Damned, Wreckless Eric, The Pretenders and Dr Feelgood among many others.
Get that and the BR sandwich is yours again, not a great incentive really....

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:44 pm
by Julian Mince
Produced a record?

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:53 pm
by Gaspode
Yep, He produced Elvis' first four or five albums. BR sandwich goes to Jules. Be warned, the Police class it as an offensive weapon and you will be fined for brandishing it in a public place..

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:38 pm
by Psmith
I knew the answer really,I didn't want the sandwich.

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 pm
by Gaspode
Scrape the green furry bits off and stick it in sandwich toaster. What's not to like?

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:14 pm
by Psmith
I'm obviously not the gourmet you are.

Here's another.
Minnie Ripperton
Inside my love.
https://youtu.be/UVniMFJYY1o
Bill Withers
Who is he?
https://youtu.be/T0bAUY6WzAw

Randy Crawford
Street Life
https://youtu.be/cnNyxy7XPfs

Clue is they all in one of my favourite films.

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:27 pm
by Gaspode
Jackie Brown.
Pam Grier in those 70's blaxploitation films was another of my adolescent crushes....

The Dean And I -10cc

Wrapped Around My Finger - The Police

Clue: Think duo...

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm
by Psmith
um.....I bought the 10cc album it's on, many years ago................still thinking....

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:25 pm
by Psmith
ok I give up.
Watruonabout ?

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:58 pm
by Gaspode
Think the writers of The Dean And I and what they did after they left 10cc in 1976...

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:37 am
by Psmith
Godley and Creme.I''m ashamed to say I don't know what they got up to....they produced some of The Police ? :)

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:19 pm
by Gaspode
Godley and Creme is correct.
They directed the Police video, one among many in the 80's including a brilliant one for their own song "Cry"

Re: ok.it's the spot the link game.

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:07 pm
by Claude Balls
Lovely story about G & C on their burgeoning career in videos from the late lamented Q Magazine.

Apparently, they used to filter the offers they received by asking bands and artists whether they would consider not actually appearing in the video itself.

If they answer came back in the negative, they declined the gig.